Planning on doing some shopping today? Shop online through uPromise at hundreds of retailers. You get special savings and deals and they give Tempess and Tove' money for college. Everyone wins. :-)

Monday, August 12, 2013

The Joys of Mommydom

☆★Today's post is Day 12 of the #31WriteNow blog challenge. I'm posting a new entry every day for the month of August★☆

My alarm went off this morning, and like 95% of y'all out there, I dismissed it. Skip snooze. I wanted more than an extra 10-15 minutes. I NEED IT.

Unfortunately, I have another alarm that I can't set or snooze. So at 5:30 a.m., Tové woke me screaming at the top of her lungs.

Ugh! Why is she up so early?

I went and got her from the crib, came back to the bed and started feeding her.

Maybe she'll go back to sleep and I can get a few more minutes in.

I looked down and I was met with the BIGGEST smile ever. Who needs Folgers when you have 11 lbs and 2 dimples of genuine giggles and coos? All of a sudden, I was no longer frustrated, irritated or tired. (Too bad that all wore off as soon as I got in the car.) For about 20 minutes, it was just me and Tové and nothing else mattered.

These are the moments that make mommydom worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're not just gonna leave without saying sum'n, are ya?

Check Out These Treasures