Planning on doing some shopping today? Shop online through uPromise at hundreds of retailers. You get special savings and deals and they give Tempess and Tove' money for college. Everyone wins. :-)

Monday, July 9, 2012

Locs and Knots

As it always does, my hair seems to be growing super fast. The more I rock the locs and the longer it gets, the more I like it. I'm still in that awkward beginner loc stage, and I'm not as dedicated as I should be, but I love it!


Since I hadn't shed my pregnancy hair before I locked it my ends are waaaaaay thicker than my roots. My hair's also shedding in the form of little loc'd knots.  I find them everywhere - on my clothes, my chair. Temi pulls them out when she's whipping my hair back and forth. And *sigh* I pull them when I find them. I try not to, but it's hard to resist that dangling ball of curly tresses hanging on for dear life.


I'm sure I'm probably aiding in the prolonged loc'in process but that's ok. If nothing else, I'm learning patience. Now I just need to raid some websites for some adorable accessories so I can completely rock out with my locs out.





3 comments:

  1. Lol, everyone pops off those knotty ends. The irony is if our hair was permed we'd be freaking over that small amount of breakage.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one with fat parts at the ends of my locks. It kind of occured to me that it was because of of my pregnacy hair, but you just confirmed it. Trust me, your hair still looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Keisha, if it was permed, we'd be freaking out about EVERY strand not attached to our scalp. I know I used to. I hated losing any hair. And then I cut it all off lol

    Thanks Erica!! It's funny cuz it only bothers me right after I get my locs retwisted. That's when I can really tell how fat it is, but once my hair starts getting "old" and isn't as neat, I like it better. The first few days always look really weird to me.

    ReplyDelete

You're not just gonna leave without saying sum'n, are ya?

Check Out These Treasures