Planning on doing some shopping today? Shop online through uPromise at hundreds of retailers. You get special savings and deals and they give Tempess and Tove' money for college. Everyone wins. :-)

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Goodbye Childhood, Hello Adulthood

Before I begin, let me just say that I'm typing on my brand new iFreakingPad!!!!! Thanks babe you supa rock!!!!!!

Ok, so yesterday I turned the big 2-5 and it felt awesome. I enjoyed all three days of my birthday. Thanks to everyone that showed up.

I'm not sure how I thought I'd feel when this day came or where I'd be but one things for sure it wasn't here. Back when 25 seemed so old maybe I did think that I'd be done having kids living with my husband in our mansion retired. But let's face it: I'm not 5 anymore. Even when I was 21, I thought 25 was a ways away and I planned to "get my groove back" like Stella. Then I turned 23 and reality set in.

I started realizing just how young 25 is and now that I AM 25, it's even younger. I have so many things I still want to do and accomplish; I have so much life to live. I haven't even begun my bucket list yet. There's travel, an established career, wealth, at least one more child, kicking my debt's bootay and a host of other goals.

But as Todd constantly reminds me, I've done so much with my life already. I've lived on my own, had a full-time job in my career field, went on a cruise, bought a car and lived in another state - all before the age of 23.

Now at 25, I have a beautiful daughter, a boyfriend that gave me that beautiful daughter, a job I love, an apartment I can relax in, and family and friends to celebrate with. It's not the life I pictured for myself, and it definitely hasn't been without its share of pain (heartache, lost friendships, layoffs, guilt, deaths, tragedy, depression, confusion, doubt, lessons learned the hard way). But I wouldn't trade my life for anything. It's mine and we're perfect for each other. I just hope the next 25 years will be as blessed as these last 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're not just gonna leave without saying sum'n, are ya?

Check Out These Treasures